Friday, June 10, 2005

Book Tag- MEME

Book Tag Chain..Booker Blogs.
Extending the meme from Pramod (gatecrashing as the Fifth link). The Indian origin of this meme is from Yazad

Total Number of Books I Own:
A modest 56. I am a stinchy personal Librarian. Thanks to coexistense with Institutional libraries, and my predatory skills in Campus Libraries my personal collection is minsicule.

Last Book I Bought: Angels and Demons, and five minutes before that I got House of Blue Mangoes, Life Ahead from Broadway Book House, Goa.

Last Book I Read: A Demon in my View (My Review in the previous post)

Five Books That Mean a Lot to Me:
Malgudi Days: The World of Swami in a Penguin paper back was presented to me when I was studying in Ninth standard.

Interpreter of Maladies: Jhumpa Lahiris observation of small things in life that makes a big impact. I liked it for its crisp writing, short story style narration. The Best stories of the book: Temporary Matters, and Interpreter of Maladies.

Saving Big Blue: It came at a time of my MBA, before Jack talked straight from the Gut. Lou Gerstner's guts to stand by his belief that IBM can be made into a lean, fast organisation. Steady leadership insights into strategy.

Khazakinte Ithihasam(The Legends of Khazak): Appukkili, Mash, Mullah...Khazak is real, stark, and vibrant. O. V. Vijayan breathes life into every character of Khazak.

The Fountainhead: Roark! He rocks and rolls over conventional wisdom. Made sense to rebel, to be different, stand out.

Alchemist: Learn to Dream. If you ever dare to dream and pursue it with true intentions, then the whole world conspires to make it come true. It was simple yet profound.

My unfinished book: War and Peace [Unabridged]; Leo Tolstoy

Tag five people and have them do this on their blogs:
If you happen to read this and want to continue the chain, add a comment. However, I invite some of the blogs I stumble upon regularly.

Prachi Singh ; Nikhil Kulkarni ; Girlwith Big Eyes ; Samoj ; Vishnu ; Silverine; Reshma

Extend the meme.It comes circle...Kraz tags me


1 comment:

Oneirodynic said...

Get "Veronika Decides to Die".If you liked fountainhead,you will like this too.